Better IT security: Go for open, open architecture and use real open security and privacy applications!
This talk is all about going for open solutions for solving real security and privacy challenges.
We have created an open reference architecture for security and privacy (of course cc licensed to keep it open and free). This talk is about the power of using OSS security and privacy tools in corporate environments. Yes, this talk is all about reuse. We will discuss the following topics:
- Why another reference architecture?
- What is a open reference architecture for security and privacy?
- The power of a good solution architecture for solving security and privacy challenges
- Current security and privacy attack vectors (with real nasty examples!)
- Security principles and reuse
- Advantage / disadvantage of using OSS security products
- Determining quality of OSS for security and privacy applications
- Common used OSS security applications
And when there is still a minute left, we do of course some demo's!
Besides the reference architecture we also created some OSS tools to make reuse of security building blocks easier. However the main focus in this talk is sharing our experience and knowledge created.